CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Flower Headbands!

Ok, so I know I don't have any little girls of my own yet, but how can anyone resist making those adorable flower headbands! Tonight was our relief society enrichment activity and that's what we made. I am now hooked! My sister Marie went with me and we had so much fun, I even learned how to sew... a little. I thought I'd just go to make a few cute accessories for my friend Tiffany's little one on the way, but now I want to make them for everyone! Every girl needs them... one for each outfit I think! The actual headbands are so simple to make, you just need tights of any color ( I made two brown, two black, and two white... and am planning to make two cream. ) and a hot glue gun, or you can sew them if you prefer. The flower part is the most fun, and you don't have to be creative to do it, hello... i'm proof of that! Anyway, I made a few small flower clips for newborn babies, since the big flowers would take up a newborns entire head! I made some large ones too, for when the girls get a bit bigger. ( sidenote: "the girls" refers to the girls I end up giving them to. )
I'm hoping to post pictures of the ones i made tonight... as soon as I figure out how. And tomorrow I'll head over to Marie's to make some more, plus a few new ideas... we'll see how they turn out!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!! You have wonderful taste by the way! I LOVE the little flowers in the pics. Where do you find them? That's what I want to know. Because i've been to the craft stores and had no luck at all! I am SO thankful that you made some for me! (Really for Madeline but I like to think they are for me) hahah! Way to go with the blog to my beasty! Notice that I posted you as a friend on our site. Call me today if you want some help fixing it up. It wont take you long if I tell you how to do it. Now all I have to do is find something extremely creative that I can make for Deany. Mabye i'll make him a scrapbook since we know how good I am at that! Love yoU!

kate said...

I've made many headbands myself for fun, but there are times when a beautiful, professionally made hair ornament has more finish and style. I ventured on to www.andreasbeau and found some headbands which were just so much better than anything I could have made! For one thing, they find gorgeous trims that are just impossible to find in one's average town. So I make some, but slurge as well from Andrea's Beau.

Autumn said...

Those are darling. I need to make some of my own....for next time. I think Ellie's old enough that she wouldn't appreciate it all around her head.

The Armstrong Article said...

well Kate, i checked out the website you suggested, and there are plenty of beautiful and fun things there. Her headbands and wonderful, but as far as flowers go, I like mine much better! they're more colorful and have more dimension i think.