CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 24, 2009

Summer of fun!

We've had a fairly busy summer thus far, and I'm wishing I had taken the time to update sooner... because I feel like I've got loads to write about and I'm worried I've forgotten half of it. Too bad I was born a procrastinator!




Anyway, here's what we've been up to:





*First our little Addie was born... the most exciting way to start our summer!




* Then one of my favorite brothers came to visit with his incredibly adorable wifey. Dirky and Stef stayed for 10 days! We played and ate and laughed and enjoyed every minute they were here... or atleast most minutes. I'm not sure how many restaurants we visited, but I know there were quite a few... when visitors are in town we've got to take them to all of our favorite eats!







*Uncle Ty Ty came to visit for 5 days during Dirk and Stefs stay, which only added to the excitement.


*We went to Park City and shopped our little hearts out. LOVED IT.



* We also went to the zoo... on a perfect day... well, near perfect day, take away the heat and it would have been perfect. There were hardly any people there, and all of the animals were out and active. Dean was totally entertained, Addie was a gem as always, and slept the entire time!



*When our guests headed home (sad day), we relaxed for a few days before making plans for the 4th. JB and Nicole invited us to join them at the Mariott Hotel near Thanksgiving Point on July 4th and 5th, to enjoy swimming, a relaxing hotel suite, and exciting fireworks!


*On the evening of the 5th we watched our own hommade firework show. Matt's a master when it comes to fireworks... always a fun time.


*Since then we've spent lots of time at the pool with Marie and her kids.


*Last week we went on an outing to the Gateway mall with a few Aunts and cousins for a bit of shopping and a splash in the fountains.



* We went to the Ball family reunion on August 1st.



*Kelsey brought my adorable nephew, Max, to visit us on August 3rd. They stayed for 11 days, and I enjoyed every minute of it! I hated to see them go. I so wish they lived closer... we always have a good time just doing nothing. I need more time to love on her sweet babe.





*While Kels was here, we got Addie's ears pierced. I think I cried more than she did. Addie did great, and only cried for maybe a minute. Needless to say, her little pierced ears are adorable!!


* Carissa and Drew stopped by jsut 4 days after Kels headed home, for a quick visit, during their road trip back to Idaho. It was fun to see my kids interact with them. Their visit was short, and we all hated to see them leave. We always hate to see our guests leave!



*The day Carissa and Drew left for Idaho, Tyler, Jill, and Uncle Jan arrived in town. They dropped by to say hello before taking Jilly to her new apartment. Later that evening we met them at Texas Road House for a bit of socializing. I love any chance I have to see my Uncle Jan... he's my favorite uncle for sure!


Our summer of fun is coming to an end, and we're a little bummed. It's been a blast! How lucky am I to have 3 of my siblings visit me?! I couldn't be happier!

No comments: