CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 18, 2009

My First Little Love


My First Little Love,

I can't believe you're three! Time really does fly. I still feel like we just brought you home from the hospital. I cried the whole way home worrying that I couldn't possibly do everything to keep you safe and healthy. The instant I met you, I knew I would do anything for you. I loved you more than I could have imagined. I still do. You add so much spunk and personality to our family. And you are so silly! You're talking in such long sentences, and explaining things in such great detail, that I sometimes find myself surprised. I can't help but laugh at some of the things you say... I feel like you're still my baby. You would never let me call you that though. I try to get away with it every now and then, but you're so quick to tell me that you're a big boy. And you are. But really, you'll always be my baby. Your latest obsession with everything Ghostbusters has left you slightly more needy these days, and truthfully, I don't mind as much as I pretend to. I actually like cuddling with you at night, or having you sneak into our bed at night.

You are a fantastic big brother. I've never once seen you act out negatively towards your sister. I know you love her. It's written all over everything you do for her. And you do lots for her. She loves you, and the attention you give her.

I adore watching you play with your cars and trains, and can't get enough of listening to the little stories and conversations you make up while playing with them. Funny boy. One of my favorite things is to watch you take the porcelin temple we have on our bookcase, put in on the table, and drive your cars around telling them that it's time to go to church now. You are so entertaining!

I'm glad I'm your mom Deano. I love that job. I love you!

You're my best boy ever! Happy Birthday!



XOXO

3 year stats:

height- 39in. (90th %)

weight- 37 lbs. (90th%)

head- 19in. (90th%)

*imaginitive play
*talking in full sentences, paragraphs really
*jumping
*singing
*recognizing numbers, letters and shapes
*potty trained (since Feb.)
*coloring and drawing shapes

*sword fighting (with dad of course!)
* playing w/ transformers, cars, trains, and legos
*tracking down ghosts as Egon the ghostbuster (hilarious to watch!)

No comments: