CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Has anyone seen my patience?

I've lost it... my patience that is. Not that I'd ever really call myself patient, but since Addie was born, I've lost even more of the little I had. Mostly it goes missing when I'm dealing with a certain 2 year old, and for that I feel guilty. After all, he's 2! I find myself jumping off the handle at every little thing he does or doesn't do. And if he doesn't listen to me the first time? Well that about qualifies him for a time out. I hadn't really thought about it until yesterday, while I was driving home from a nieces birthday party with only a sleeping Addie in the back. It was quiet, and I started to think about both my kiddies... but particularly Deano. This happy little boy went from the only child, to a plural child home, and that can't be easy. It also isn't fair when your mom seems to be handing out time outs, or threats of time out, and semi raising her voice at every little thing. Sad huh?
He really is a good kid. As I type this, I'm watching my sweet boy play with his cars, talking to each one animatedly with a wide smile. How could I not take the time to catch my breath and speak calmly to my little man. I sure love him lots... more than lots.

So, here's to finding my patience, wherever it may be.

No comments: