CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Grandpa came to town!

My great uncle Thom died wednesday. He wasn't super old, as the title "great uncle" would have you believe. He was 65. Too young. He died of a heart attack. Unexpected. My grandma, Thoms older sister, couldn't make the trip to Utah for the funeral. But my grandpa could. And while the reason for his trip is heart breaking, the silver lining was that we got to see him, and introduce him to our precious babe, Addie Nanette. Named after his mom and his wife. It had been nearly two years since Dean had seen him last. No way would he remember grandpa from the last time they had met. But when we went to the door, it was like Dean had always known him. They played like best friends. Heartwarming. And grandpa loved his little Addie too, nearly getting emotional the first time he held her. I wish we lived closer to them. I want my kids to know them. To love them like I love them. Maybe someday.


Grandpa Dean and Addie

Grandpa, Dean, and Addie
(this picture could only be better if gramma were in it too.)

Dean giving grandpa high fives. Grandpa pretended Dean's slap was painful. Dean Loved it!



Addie and grandpa getting to know eachother.



My kiddos playing with their grandpa Dean

Grandpa dancing with Addie

Great Aunt Jan with Addie


Grandpa and Dean reading together


More books!

Dean put on a luchedore mask and tried to scare grandpa

Check out our little wrestler!


Grandpa tried it too.

So did Matt. haha!
Thanks for giving us a little of your time grandpa! We love you more than you know!!

1 comment:

DougH said...

NACHO LIBRE!!! So Cute! I Love Grandpa! He seriously has not Changed since I last saw him!
Now DEAN has gotten HUGE! And SO CUTE! AW I wish we were closer :(

I always Think of those nights that you would crawl in bed with me and tell me to rub your back and if I didnt you get Dutch Oven me. LOL MEMORIES!