CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 20, 2009

The great paint debate

I want to paint the babys room. I like to think I can do it myself. It's just that I'm totally lacking in the creativity department. I want her room to be adorable. I want stripes or polka dots. But, do I choose stripes or polka dots? (probably stripes... they seem much easier in my mind) And how many walls should have stripes or polka dots? What colors do I paint said stripes? Her bedding is bright pink, black, and white. Her furniture is white. And I think black would just be too harsh to use on the walls, aside from small accents and accessories. So that leaves me with pink, right? And if I only paint one wall with stripes, what do I do with the other walls? Will painting all the walls with stripes leave her room looking too busy?

Forget doing it alone... who's coming to help me? I am terrible with decisions... and it's so much easier to like what someone else has done (or helped me do) vs. liking what I do on my own. I'm critical of anything I do creatively. Very.

3 comments:

taryn said...

I'm so glad to have checked your blog today! Perfect timing. I think stripes would be adorable. Two shades of pink ... wide stripe like 10" (both soft shades) is what I'm thinking. And you can do all the walls if the stripes are close in color and a little wider.

Also, if you decide to do polka dots, do them on one or two walls. I would still recommend doing two shades of pink that are close in color (less startling to the eye)... you can use the top of the paint can for a good sized template.

I have always wanted to do a paint treatment that looks like plaid (various sized stripes in different directions)... this would be more complicated with taping off but could be adorable. Email me if you want my paint suggestions... for what their worth. :)

take care!

Lauren said...

this is lauren by the way - taryn was still signed in from before :)

Ashley and Brett said...

You are getting so close! I am so excited for you!!! I love your stories, you are so funny when you write. As far as the stripes, my sis did this and it looked awesome! She chose one wall (the focal point one) and did the stripes about 12" apart. One was a bright dark pink, then a light pink, dark, light ...etc... the other walls were a green, just plain. It looked really good! I always thought polka dots in several girl colors would be fun, you could always tape a stencil to the wall and paint inside of it. Good luck, I can't wait to see what you decided!!! Did you move? or are you still around?